A Day In the Life of A Child Living in an Informal Settlement

Morning Time

Every morning I have to wake up at five and then get ready for my school day. I have then walk for an hour to get to my school couse I live so far away from my school.But I can't even have breakfast couse my parent don't have enough money to buy my breakfast.My parents always have enough money for my school lunch.When I get to school I already have to start working but we also don't have a lot of stationary.So my life is already hard and it is not even the evening yet and I already struggle.


Evening Time

In the evening I have done so much work already and my stomach is grumbling. So much by know I have to eat something and then go play some soccer with my friends.And our break is so very short and then we have to work again and we only get one break then we are back to work again and the work they give us is kind of hard.And I struggle a lot with them.

Night Time
After school I have to go home which is a relieve couse then I can relax for a bit.Until I have to work again couse we have a test coming up.I already know the test is going to be very hard to do.Then I have to work with absolutely no light at all except a little candle.Then when dinner is finished I get to eat my dinner.I don't really enjoy school as you all hear in my story about what happens at my school.

What we could do to get rid of all the garbage in our place we could put it in all in a garbage bag which would be very helpful to do and also so we don't have to play in it all the time.








Comments

  1. Hi Chris. I think this post was good. I like you told me about how school is. I hope your parents get more money. How does your house look like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Chirs, i really like your blog post because how you explained what its like living in a in informal settlement. your a great writer keep doing what your doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Christopher, I like how you tell the time in your story. You describe school a lot and the struggles. I like how you fit the story into not long, not short time, almost like a summary, almost like a full story. Over-all this was an amazing blog and an even better example of what life is like living in the street through the eyes of a child.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The worst day ever

Grade 4 Camp